Tuesday 27 December 2011

STOP!!!!

I Just read an Interesting article online based on the Negative things that we do to ourselves.. and I would like to share some of what he has written.  (http://www.marcandangel.com/2011/12/11/30-things-to-stop-doing-to-yourself/)
Stop spending time with the wrong people. Life is too short to spend time with people who suck the happiness out of you. if someone wants you in their life, they will make room for you. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot. Remember its not the people that stand by your side when you’re at your best, but the ones who stand beside you when you’re at your worst that are your true friends. (I couldn’t agree with this more. We all have friends in our life that we keep around because its easy, because we like having the social crowd..but how many can you truly consider your close friends... the ones that really know you?)
Stop putting your own needs on the back burner. – The most painful thing is losing yourself in the process of loving someone too much, and forgetting that you are special too.  Yes, help others; but help yourself too.  If there was ever a moment to follow your passion and do something that matters to you, that moment is now. (Another one that I agree with, I have always been that girl who does everything for everyone else.. and rarely for myself, I am learning though. For example, I am writing this blog..curled up on the couch in an extremely comfy blanket, when I should be sleeping... but don’t care)
Stop trying to be someone you’re not. – One of the greatest challenges in life is being yourself in a world that’s trying to make you like everyone else.  Someone will always be prettier, someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger, but they will never be you.  Don’t change so people will like you.  Be yourself and the right people will love the real you. (There is a quote that I use to tell the children I used to work with and it goes like this “always be a first rate version of yourself rather then a second rate version of somebody else” and it fits well with this one!)
Stop berating yourself for old mistakes. – We may love the wrong person and cry about the wrong things, but no matter how things go wrong, one thing is for sure, mistakes help us find the person and things that are right for us.  We all make mistakes, have struggles, and even regret things in our past.  But you are not your mistakes, you are not your struggles, and you are here NOW with the power to shape your day and your future.  Every single thing that has ever happened in your life is preparing you for a moment that is yet to come. (Its always best to live & love in the here and now....rather then stress about what could have been).
Stop complaining and feeling sorry for yourself. – Life’s curveballs are thrown for a reason – to shift your path in a direction that is meant for you.  You may not see or understand everything the moment it happens, and it may be tough.  But reflect back on those negative curveballs thrown at you in the past.  You’ll often see that eventually they led you to a better place, person, state of mind, or situation.  So smile!  Let everyone know that today you are a lot stronger than you were yesterday, and you will be. ( I like this one because it sums up my year of 2010. I had a rough year, but in the end it made me a stronger person and for that I am greatful).
Stop acting like everything is fine if it isn’t. – It’s okay to fall apart for a little while.  You don’t always have to pretend to be strong, and there is no need to constantly prove that everything is going well.  You shouldn’t be concerned with what other people are thinking either – cry if you need to – it’s healthy to shed your tears.  The sooner you do, the sooner you will be able to smile again. ( This one is hard for me because I hate being a burden on people, i’ve been one of those “suck it up” kind of girls, i’ve finally realized that it isn’t working for me.)
Anyways these are just a few, But I enjoyed them... and they kind of went along with my last
blog! If you want to read the entire list.. I have attached the link @ the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment