Friday 13 January 2012

Parenthood!!!

...So I have a new obsession....The Show “Parenthood”. This show is a way for me to see that my craziness is normal and enjoy some “quiet time” to myself… (yes for all you work-a-holics like myself, there is such a thing as “quiet time”). Oh my gosh, I love my alone time! As much as I love being around other people, I really just need my own time to do... nothing? Haha, usually my alone days are spent tidying the house, or catching up on blogs, or procrastinating, reading, or something like that. It's weird, but if I don't have some time to myself, I start going absolutely crazy.

If you feel frustrated, tired, overwhelmed or just out of balance with yourself, maybe it's because you don't make time for yourself. It often seems that our days are engulfed in a pyramid of tasks. Does it seem like your life has become a series of tasks to complete, rather than moments to enjoy? We often get so caught up in life and all of what needs to be done... that sometimes we forget to take time for ourselves.  Lack of time for ourselves often leads to feeling frustrated, tired, overwhelmed and out of balance (at least that is how I often feel).

This past year, I have come to appreciate the power of truly loving and caring for myself. Most of my life, being alone was one of my biggest fears. I found myself in numerous relationships for the wrong reasons and ended up settling for ‘partnerships’ just for the sake of having a relationship. This fear and lack of understanding of myself caused the relationships to become my whole world; my focus of attention; my center. I would sacrifice my own goals for the other person. And, when the relationship collapsed, so did my sense of self. I was nothing without someone else, or at least so I thought.

Through much thought, I realized that I didn’t truly love or appreciate myself and had relied on external sources for love and approval. I decided to change. I had to overcome my fear of loneliness by finding independence and personal freedom (which I did, I learned that it was okay to be alone). Even since I found true appreciation for myself, the quality of relationships I have attracted has been phenomenal. I feel as if my friendships are less toxic, I am hanging out with people who are positive and inspirational. My relationship with my parents has greatly improved and I have begun to appreciate the little things they do for me. Also, my romantic relationship with my boyfriend, is mature and amazing and for the first time in my life I feel, “Happy in Love”. I have discovered that the more I love and understand myself, the less I feared being by myself, and the more healthier relationships I was able to attract into my life.

I started doing what I called “date night”. Regardless of my relationship status, I would schedule time with myself. I would literally take myself out on a date and spend that time totally focused on myself. It’s my time.  However, what I like more then time alone, is time with people. I love my dates with my boyfriend, and value each and every minute we have together. I work away a lot, so sometimes we can go days without seeing one another! So I try to make each moment count! Today I had a lovely date night with a great Gal, JM! We went for Sushi and did some Lingerie shopping... It was fun and enjoyable!

..So this whole rant started with the show “Parenthood” which I am watching in the dark @ 130 in the morning. At this present time, my boyfriend is sound asleep in bed, Jack my cate is asleep @ my feet and I am listening to the Thunder... yup thats right... thunder in the middle of January! Mother Nature Got her wires crossed.... but thats another blog for another day.... xox ya’ll

No comments:

Post a Comment