Sunday 29 January 2012

I am a Workaholic!!!

Yes, I consider myself a "workaholic". Before you judge me, listen to my reasons... I love my job (and I mean I L♥VE it!!!). It's usually the first thing I think of when I wake up and the last thing I dream of before bed. I've saved lives, taught classes and planned weddings in my sleep (but, who hasn't?). After several years of long hours and sacrifices I still can't get enough. The experience of working at my goals is more fulfilling than the end result. I don't imagine retiring when I'm older, I imagine having more time to work, plan, sew, help and create. It’s what I love.

With that Being said, one of the questions I hear often is, "How do you balance work and personal life?" or "How do you stay so productive?". The answer is a balanced lifestyle. Over the years I've learned (sometimes the hard way) what my personal boundaries are. Every person is different and needs a special sense of balance.

I've learned that I can work long hours without breaking down if I have things to look forward to. I schedule date nights,  Beauty based Appointments  and coffee dates with my friends. This give and take method works really well for me. For example, right now I am working long hours every weekend away from home on the ambulance. Im also taking an online Bridal consultant Course... getting back into teaching... while still planning Passion Parties with My Ladies... and Trips to NYC with the Gals. I also make time for my amazing boyfriend, My family and my Kitty! Don't be afraid to give yourself incentives for a job well done... if you can keep your chaotic life organized.

The second important lesson I've learned to keep myself cheerful (and sane) when working a LOT is steady sleep. I used to be really proud of my all night work sessions, but I was drained. These days I sleep four to eight hours every day... somehow and I've never been happier. I get more done when I'm awake and, most importantly, I feel human! If you're a young entrepreneur, give yourself some sanity and go to sleep. Just trust me....♥ Naps can be your best friend... and don’t use the line “I’m Just resting my eyes”.. instead curl up with a Blanket and Let sleep take you away!

The last piece of advice I have to offer is all about attitude. It's easy to get overwhelmed and feel victimized by a crazy schedule. I have to choose to remind myself daily that I chose this career (and all that it entails!) and that I have to be thankful for the opportunity to do it. Complaining and getting discouraged is easy. The challenge is keeping a positive perspective about what needs to be done. Maintaining an optimistic and enthusiastic energy for my career/future & Goals is one of the most important contributors to my continual growth into adulthood. This kind of attitude propels us forward, and the absence of it can be pretty devastating. We're all human and we all have difficult times, but I feel very strongly that staying inspired and positive about my work is my responsibility. No one else can do it for me.

So, I guess what I'm trying to say is that while my lifestyle may never be "normal" it's working really well because I've found a way to work a ton while still enjoying life to the fullest! I feel like my career adds so much to my life and it's something I will never regret making sacrifices for, even if I am labeled a "workaholic".
Chow 4 Now

No comments:

Post a Comment